630,000. That is how many roof tiles need to be replaced to renovate the 1,000-year-old roof of Göttweig Abbey in Austria. The deadline? 2018. The challenges? To produce and lay clay tiles which ensure an authentic and time-worn look and feel. All while taking into account strict UNESCO-listed monument regulations. Discover how the Ambiente clay roof tiles of Etex company Creaton Germany were the perfect choice, and follow them on their journey from raw material to stunning world heritage feature.
- What: Göttweig Abbey roof renovation
- Where: Dunkelstein forest - Wachau, Krems an der Donau, Austria
- When: 2013 – 2018
- Etex company: Creaton Germany
- Product: Ambiente clay tile
- Architect: Peter Griebaum (Vienna)
Back to references overview